Prevent Users from Deleting Tasks

Data of this trend, not sure if Asana team planning to create record on this trend

2 Likes

Hi Marie,

It is very important to know that all tasks that a project manager assigned to the rest of the team are not deleted without his approval. This is a serious drawback.

1 Like

For those looking for a workaround until a better option is added. You can use a custom search to see deleted tasks. Then save that search and review on a weekly.

2 Likes

This is critical, no option yet? This is preventing me to use Asana.

1 Like

See the add-on solution/workaround from @DougB upthread. It does work as a hard backstop that prevents undetected deletions and provides an accessible record for every deletion.

(And yes, this is only replaces 10% of what should be available in the application to protect the integrity of tasks.)

2 Likes

But people can permanently delete then you wont see it anywhere.

1 Like

Asana, what could be more important on your road map than the security of your customers data?

I am currently building out a work flow for my organization with reluctance do to the lack of this feature.

I don’t understand why this has been such a challenge for your team to impliment?

After three years, there are no excuses to be missing this important saftey feature.

4 Likes

Asana Team are you waiting for million views to start having this in your roadmap ? Just wondering

7 Likes

I’m a new customer…I thought that I must have missed something or configured something incorrectly…nope…they really can all delete everything. And deleting a section…I have no words.

4 Likes

Since the Asana team doesn’t care about this request. Could anyone else here please recommend an alternative product which includes this critical feature.

Im lucky I didn’t move to a paid version

2 Likes

@Azgar_Tar, ClickUp, Wrike, Scoro, and nearly every other professional PM platform.

1 Like

Check this!

4 Likes

Thank you. I’m trying out Taskade, looks very promising, offers all the importantly functionality I need. Check it out

This is a critical feature both at the task and project level. There must be a permission level between comment only and full access. “Trust in good intentions” is not a great way to manage projects.

4 Likes

I totally agree its a big problem

1 Like

Good Morning, Has there been any updates yet since this post of the 30th of March?

2 Likes

I am here looking for a solution to locking specific tasks while users still have edit rights for everything else. Is there something we can vote on to be placed on the roadmap?

1 Like

Hello @Angie_Lawrence, yes jump up to the first post in this thread where you can upvote as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are deleted tasks available for free users or only premium users?

Well that pretty much solves it for us. Any company that does not value data security and is not responsive to so many requests for such an easy function won’t go beyond a trial run. Asana… the ability to restrict an employee’s capability to delete a task is vital.

I am also surprised how unresponsive ( beyond letting everybody know you have merged threads on this topic) that you have been with existing customers.

3 Likes