Power Automate - Personal Task possible?

All,

I am trying to create asana tasks using the Create Task (V2) feature in Power Automate. I would like these tasks to be personal/private tasks (not assigned to a project) but this card requires the input of a Project ID. I do not see anything about a personal/private project so is there any way to get tasks created with this card to be personal/private?

That would be a question for Power Automate, not Asana, I believe (they probably did the integration themselves)

Hello Robert,

I’ve experimented a little bit with M365, Power Automate and Asana. Could you tell me, how your flow gets started? What is your trigger for this flow?

I’ve created a flow to collect data with Microsoft Forms and send it via Power Automate to a ShrePoint List and create an Asana task.

Perhabs I can help you.

Kind regards

Kai

Hey Kai, I’m looking for some help on this topic so given you’ve done this before I’m taking a chance seeing if you may be able to help :slight_smile:

I’ve managed to achieve the same, creating a flow that out of a MS Form, creates an item on MS List and then depending on an answer, may create an Asana task as well.

The issue I have with the Asana task is that it is coming from my name rather than the person filling the form.

I can’t find a field in the Asana connector to change this.

Are you aware of any way of modifying this default behaviour?

Thanks in advance for your help!

No, You Can’t Create Your Personal Tasks in Power Automate. At the moment, personal Microsoft accounts are not supported, though we do hope to support more account types in the future.

What if I’m in an organization in Asana and in an organization in teams–can I add a task to my personal task list in asana but not part of a project in my organization?