Portfolio's - Some running projects are not visible.

Dear,

What is the logic / rules when a project is visible in the Portfolios. When I look to a portfolio “Customer Projects” (internal name) I see some projects, but others I do not see them. I would like to understand the logic behind this. Note: the project I’m looking for is not Completed.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Niels_Oomen the project that you are not seeing in there, are you in that project as a member? If you are not a member of that project or that team that it is in you will not see it.

It has to be manually added or via a rule when converted to a project from task to add to that portfolio.

Hi Danielle,

Being a member, can be a reason. But although I’m a member should new projects be added manually to a portfolio (owned by someone else)?

Hi @Niels_Oomen sorry not sure what you mean.
Projects do not automatically add to portfolios. You either have to add them in to it manually or via a rule. However if someone adds a project that you do not have access to, you still will not be able to see it unless they grant you access

@Niels_Oomen,

Is there any chance what you’re asking about is the dropdown that appears after you click Add work:

If so, that’s an autocomplete field; when you type in it, the autocomplete list will change. Projects initially shown are just popular or recent, say, and not intended to be a complete list; filter them down by typing a few characters of the name.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the feedback. I know the input for our ourganization. But it remains a manually process to add projects to a Portfolio, like so many things in Asana. For me another case that Asana is giving more work then making life easier.

Regards,
Niels

1 Like

@Niels_Oomen,

I recommend you use project templates because they allow you to specify one or portfolios into which any project created from that template will automatically be placed.

Even if you leave the rest of the template blank and just use that aspect of the template, then it can eliminate some of your manual work, as I understand it.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks. I saw that the correct portfolio was already part of the Template, so I think it has to do with permissions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.