Please make Evernote 'app link' clickable in Asana

Hi,

Please make the ‘app link’ version of an internal link to Evernote clickable in Asana.

I want to be able to add a link to an Asana task that will open the link to a specific Evernote note, in the Macos App (not in the browser, this is the important part).

In evernote I can create a link that goes directly to Evernote mac app.
Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 18.15.02

This link works in many other apps, if I email it to myself and click the link, it goes directly to Evernote Mac app

In Asana the link is pasted as text, and is not clickable.

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 18.13.10

If I try to add it as a text link.

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 18.12.31

It get’s modified into

Screenshot 2021-08-04 at 18.12.55

Which leads it to the browser where it gets a dns error.

Please make the regular link clickable instead of text. And when it is added to a text link, please don’t modify the URL, so that it can open in Evernote Mac app.

I’ve been trying to fix this with workarounds for a long time but I have given up. Please fix this, I am sure there are many people Using Evernote in combination with Asana.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Pielanen, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback.

Hopefully this is something our Product team can improve in the future. I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Is this actually the only request of this type? This would not be only for Evernote, it’s about contextual computing and being able to interlink information across plenty of other apps and even for instance Emails. e.g. Apple Mail (and I am sure other clients) allow you to copy such a link format which takes you directly to an email (even if archived).

This is extremely helpful in today’s world to interlink information and I am wondering if this is the only request for this type of links?

the Evernote App link works on PC but not MBP.

hopefully the Asana product team can improve it ASAP, thx.