Planning for the new year in Asana

In the last several years, I’ve begun having stronger physical and emotional reactions to stress. Therefore, one of my main goals (and Asana has already been a huge help with this) is to make my work life more streamlined so that stress does not bleed over into my personal life.

Just before the holidays, I discovered this thread: How do you organize your to-dos in My Tasks? - #4 by Alexis and it was a total game-changer for me.

My work goals for 2018 that will be achieved with the help of Asana will be

1. continue organizing My Tasks - making daily tasks easy to choose and complete
  2. building more on the pomodoro technique by tracking my time. I’ve built out a couple different projects to test which style I prefer to use for this.
  3. improve my social media planning by utilizing Asana. Again, I’ve built out a couple different style of projects to test out which I really prefer for this.
  4. figure out how we want to build our editorial calendar in Asana. We haven’t been able to nail that down just yet.
  5. Strictly maintain planning periods so I can do all of the above. :slight_smile:

I also keep a project that is just for myself and my director that is personal Goals & Milestones. I add things there as they happen so that we can discuss them in our 1-1, review regularly to see what I’ve accomplished and what’s still ahead.

By accomplishing all these goals at work, I will feel freer to leave work on time (rather than putting in extra hours) and to unplug when I get home. Most of my personal goals depend on me lessening my use of electronics - to get back to my dance fitness classes, reflective journaling, hike more on weekend excursions with my husband and dog, etc…

However, Asana will help on a personal level. I would like to establish a bit more of a daily routine and a project within Asana will be used until I’ve turned the routine into a habit.
I also want to keep better track of tax deductions & spending so we’ll have a household project for those. (I bought my husband a new phone for christmas and installed the Asana app so he has no excuses :slight_smile: )

3 Likes