Plan your week with the new 7 Day Calendar View in My Tasks! 📅

Hi there,

I’m excited to announce that this week we’ll begin rolling out a new 7 Day Calendar View in My Tasks to help you stay organized and on top of your weekly to-do’s.

Keep track of important deadlines and upcoming tasks in the 7 Day Calendar View. This Week view will be available in the new supercharged My Tasks, which has now been rolled out to all users. :partying_face:

d4ac31

Plan your week using the 7 Day Calendar view by reordering tasks due each day, quickly dragging them between days, and dropping your highest priority tasks at the top. You can pull in unscheduled tasks to commit to completing them on a specific day of the week.

Organize your calendar view to show all tasks, incomplete tasks, or completed tasks. You can also order your calendar by Week view, Month view, and show or hide weekends.

Try all of these features—and more—in your My Tasks today. And of course, if you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them in the comments below.

If you don’t see the new 7 Day Calendar on My Tasks, don’t fret. This feature is slowly being rolled out and should be available to all users soon.

Thanks!

30 Likes

I would be more happy if we could force tasks not to fall on a weekend.

Such as Rules or Task Templates whereby we set an X days from creation
And Project Templates

11 Likes

‘My Task’ keeps getting better and better. I used to create a project I called ‘In-List”, and then I would add all my current tasks to this project, so I can apply fields and also do calendar view for all my tasks.
With this new update, I don’t have to do that anymore. GTD methodology can be applied straight in “my task”. Great work, Asana team

3 Likes

Hi @Zaraida_Diaz

this feature rolled out today for us, but unfortunately completed tasks don’t move to the bottom of the list like before and tasks with a due time (e.g. 9 AM and 11 AM) do not show up in chronological order that day of the week but in a random order we don’t understand yet.
This means our tasks for the upcoming weeks have to be resorted via drag and drop by hand.

12 Likes

This is a wonderful new feature! Thank you!

1 Like

This is amazing! Thanks for rolling this out :grinning:

Love that the dates automatically update in tasks when moving from one day to another in the Calendar view. Would it be possible to do this in list view also? I constantly reschedule tasks, by moving them to different sections in my list view (called Monday-Friday), but have to update the due date manually when I do so in list view currently. (Maybe I am missing something here?)

I am using list view mostly as I have quite a long list of tasks daily and find it a bit cleaner to work out of the list view, but I might start using the calendar view more now :slight_smile:

So excited for this! Thanks!

1 Like

Really, really love this new update!!! :slight_smile:

It’s really helpful for reorganizing day by day priorities.

Anyway, it would be perfect if per default tasks appear in chronological order as Theresa says. Afterwards, we can move it up or down, but when it has a time, at least it should appear in that order, so we don’t have to reorganize everything.

8 Likes

How can I access this in the Asana iPad app? It seems only to be on desktop?

woohoo… this is one of the biggest productivity progresses asana made in the last two years, the improvements with the new my task page is really a killer move. Very good work Asana. It seems as you really got what is needed.

One thing for further improvements: please open your roadmap for feature development for your customers, like others do it successfully. With this you would move your already good forum to the next step.

2 Likes

First of all - this is great news and hopefully it means that we are closer to Google Calendar view :slight_smile: .

Unfortunately there’s also a step back because tasks are no longer ordered using end time by default. My whole team plans day/week using end time and now we need to reorder whole calendar which means additional work for us.

I hope that this feauture will be restored in next few days.

3 Likes

Thanks! This is a great new feature. Keep up the good work

1 Like

That is terrible that our activities are in total disorder now…please fix it with urgence! Please fix it urgently that’s an horrible day of looking how to fix that.

4 Likes

That is terrible that our activities are in total disorder now…please fix it with urgence!

Hi @Theresa_Walenta, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! My hunch is this is working as expected as we can now filter by All Tasks, incomplete and complete :slight_smile: I’m confirming with our product team! I believe this is the same @Robert_Polak reported, please correct me if I’m wrong.

In regards to the due time, we will work on some iterations for the 7 day Calendar view in the future and we hope to implement some filters and sort to this view too!

This is a great idea, @Henrik_Pedersen! We don’t have plans to implement this option on List view but feel free to create a new thread in the #productfeedback category and we will keep you posted if we have news in the future.

@syncsyncsync This update is currently only available on the web and desktop version of Asana. If you want to see it in you iPad you would need to access Asana via web app.asana.com

1 Like

Hi @Johan_MORIN, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the trouble! You can still use your calendar view in My Tasks in Month view if you prefer to have your tasks in this specific order:

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 17.08.57

If your report is related to a different view or update, please reach out to us via the #tipsandtricks category with more details and a screenshot. We will be happy to investigate further!

Hi @Emily_Roman
in the weekly as well es the monthly view of “My Tasks” completed tasks do not move automatically to the bottom of the day like they did before.
For us it was great to have only open tasks at the top of the day, so you can focus on what’s next, without losing the reference of the completed tasks, if you need to double check something.

But the missing order by due time is very crucial to us! Currently a task due at 8 AM can be at the very bottom of the day while the one due at 5 PM is at the top.
Now our team members have to manually rearrange their day over and over again, because it is not sorting chronologically by due time at the top of the day anymore. We would greatly appreciate a fix on this issue!

6 Likes

No, my problem is the same than @Theresa_Walenta & @Robert_Polak
“the missing order by due time is very crucial to us! Currently a task due at 8 AM can be at the very bottom of the day while the one due at 5 PM is at the top.
Now our team members have to manually rearrange their day over and over again, because it is not sorting chronologically by due time at the top of the day anymore. We would greatly appreciate a fix on this issue!”

That’s a huge problem to work…

3 Likes

It’s not showing any of my tasks with multi-day start/due dates - is that a bug?