Person not in Team, Project, or Task got notification on Task

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I updated a task to cancelled and it notified a person who was not on the team, project, or task
Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:
Chrome, latest update
Upload screenshots below:

Please resolve! Task was in two projects. Thank you!

That is quite mysterious. You’re saying Norma Greenspan was not a collaborator of the “Practice Gratitude” Task, nor was she on the Leasing (HQ) Project or in the Team where Leasing (HQ) resides? Is there any chance of error in that?

Is there any chance she used to be a collaborator etc. and her status changed? Or that you have email forwarding set up on your main email platform such as Gmail or Outlook? That’s all I can think of. Otherwise it does seem as if it may be a bug and a potentially serious one.

Welcome to the Forum @Jandi_Lee_Willis :wave: and thank you for reaching out.

As @Stephanie_Oberg has asked, is there any chance that this person is a collaborator of this particular task?

You can check this by clicking in the + button in the collaborators field of the task pane. See screenshot attached.

Please note that If you @mention another person in a task’s description or comments, they will automatically be added as a collaborator on the task.

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Natalia,

Sorry, I had posted a reply yesterday when we figured it out. The task itself was in two projects; the other one was shared.

Please close this. Thank you!

HI @Jandi_Lee_Willis and thank for letting us know.

Good to hear you were able to resolve this issue. Well played! :clap::clap:

I’m closing this thread but please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! Have a great Thursday!