Permission issue - "Looks like you need access to this task. Would you like to send a request to the owner?"

Hello!
something went wrong today.
When i try to access to some task in some project where i’m setted as admin and owner, i can’t see the anything.
In the task details windows i see a message " Looks like you need access to this task. Would you like to send a request to the owner?"

Looks like the same issue as https://forum.asana.com/t/cant-access-to-task-which-was-assigned-to-me/149396/4
@Emily_Roman @Rebecca_McGrath should you be concerned?

1 Like

Just checked and I’m still owner of project.

But do you see the task in the list, and you see the error when opening the right pane?

Right, I see the task in the list, and get error when opening the right pane.

1 Like

I have the same problem. But I still able to open all tasks in Mobile App, but Mobile App does not receive any attachements from tasks blocked in Web app

1 Like

Sounds like a real bug, I notified Emily and Rebecca, that seems serious enough to be escalated.

1 Like

See their answer here https://forum.asana.com/t/cant-access-to-task-which-was-assigned-to-me/149396/7?u=bastien_siebman

1 Like

When i try to open a task(i was logged in), it says,
“Looks like you need access to this task. Would you like to send a request to the owner?”

I was able to access this task before. Suddenly this message start showing. Also my others team members faces the same issue.
Then the task was assigned to me and i am still not able to see the task. It shows same message
I think it doesn’t make sense that i have no permission to see a task which was assigned to me.

1 Like

Could you share the task as seen from someone that has access to it? You can anonymize with https://www.facepixelizer.com/

We got the same problem. I’m owner of project but can’t view the task as well.

You can see the project, but can’t open one task that is inside the project? I am so confused :sweat: the task has been removed from the project isn’t it?

Looks like you are not the only ones! Permission issue - "Looks like you need access to this task. Would you like to send a request to the owner?" - #2 by Bastien_Siebman

1 Like

I can see project and task, and I’m owner of that project, but it doesn’t allow me to access. It said: Looks like you need access to this task. Would you like to send a request to the owner?

Hi everyone, we have received a couple of reports about this issue and our Product Team is investigating the issue further. We will let you know as soon as we have an update. Thanks for your patience!

4 Likes

I am seeing the same issue here.

Thank you Emily we are waiting for the solution! we can’t work at moment

1 Like

Same for my coworker and I - no permission

1 Like

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Today I’ve lost access to all tasks details in all my projects that were not created by me, even I’m the project owner and/or the follower. When clicking on request permission, the task owner will receive instruction to add me as a follower (which I’m already). Readding followers will not change access permission.

Steps to reproduce: in any project click on task details

Browser version: 97.0.4692.71

Upload screenshots below:

We are experiencing the same thing. We have an API create all tasks and we are losing access to hundred of tasks.