Organization vs. Workspace

So, I feel I may be in a bit of a unique situation, but maybe not!

I’m a Virtual Assistant and several of my clients use Asana and have added me to their workspace which I’m good with.

What I’m trying to figure out now is how to organize my own clients that don’t use Asana already but I need to add them to the workspace so we can communicate, they can send me attachments, etc.

A few things worth noting:

• I do not have the paid version of Asana.

• I need the client to see their stuff and nobody else’s. This can include personal/sensitive data at times and I need to make sure they can’t see it.

I’ve spent tons of time researching workspace vs. organization, and I’m exhausted and frustrated and can’t seem to figure out which one I need to use or how to set it up. Of course, since I’m not on the paid version, customer service kinda slacks.

Any help here would be immensely appreciated!

Hi @Carmen_Smith1 and welcome to the forum!

Question: do you have an email address specially for your VA business (i.e. do you have something like carmen@carmensmithva.com, or do you just use a general domain like carmensmith@gmail.com)?

Hi and thank you! Yes, I do have a separate email address for my VA business. The kicker is that I use my domain name from my main business website to log in currently and work with most of my clients and don’t want to have to log out and log back in all day if that makes sense.

OK, so I presume your current configuration is that your VA-business-login logs you into a workspace that was created when you signed up for Asana, and then you’re also a member of a some number of other workspaces or organizations (it doesn’t matter which) for some of your clients.

If that’s correct, then what I might do in your position is convert your existing workspace into an organization (see here for how), and then create a team for each of your clients that doesn’t themselves use Asana. Then invite each client into their team as a guest. See here for info on teams, and here for info on guests.

You’d be able to access everything from your one existing login.

What do you think?

3 Likes

This is exactly the kind of solution I was looking for! Going to give this a try now! If this works, you’re a LIFESAVER! It’s what I’ve been trying to figure out how to do for quite literally 2 weeks now!

1 Like