OR in advanced search

I’m trying to create a report for my team’s last week of work. I can do that with advanced search and:

• filter by team
  • filter by completed in the last 7 days

However, I would also like to include tasks that were due in the last week and didn’t get completed. To do that, I would need an “OR” condition:

• completed in the last 7 days OR
  • due in the last 7 days

Is that possible? I can’t find a way to do that.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @dzilli and thank you for reaching out.

As it stands, there isn’t an “OR” condition to combine these 2 filters. The closest solution that I can think of is to create a Report for tasks with due date within the last 7 days and once you get the report, you can sort them by “Completion Time” (Of course it won’t include task with due date not included in the last 7 days that were completed).

I hope this can help you in some way! Have a great Friday!

Thanks. As you say that misses out on tasks completed in the last week that don’t have a due date in the last week.
Another workaround is to have two different reports for completed and not completed.

1 Like

You are correct @dzilli. I agree that the best way to achieve this is by creating two different reports. :smiley:

Please upvote this task if you want better search functions…

This is really a set back, very disappointing…

1 Like

Another super super obvious feature that every other app seems to have. If you’re not going to have different views for a project (meaning more than one list view with specific filters), then you can’t have a half baked advanced search filter.

What’s going on over there at Asana HQ??

5 Likes

This is a crucial feature.

1 Like

4 years later and we still cant do an OR operator…sheesh Asana

3 Likes

I am trying to convert from Todoist to Asana, and I am looking for a list like this Introduction to filters
Do we have that list yet?

Not to my knowledge. But heads up, I’m a big Todoist user and I leverage Plexxy for asana → Todoist and really like it. Not sure you can do Todoist → asana but probably can.

Welcome, @pares318,

In Asana My Tasks, the Filters in the header allow you to set multiple filters at once, but it’s not as flexible as what you’ve shown.

Asana projects offer more filters, and also the ability to create multiple views each with different filters instead of just one like in My Tasks. You could use this with a Business or Enterprise plan by setting up a single My Tasks rule to add tasks assigned to you to a “My Project” project automatically. In your “My Project” you can then add multiple views/filters. It still won’t be as comprehensive, but perhaps it does what you need.

Thanks,

Larry