Option for Rules to run on a daily, weekly, monthly basis

Hi !
So let me explain you my situation. I’m actually creating a “Template board” that could be use everytime we start a new project. So i’m actually setting all the sections and all the rules for this board.

Our tasks sections are set by week: To do this week - to do next week - to do in 2 weeks - etc etc. But here is my problem. Asana is working with “days before the due date”. However, i would like to create a rule that will permit every task to change automatically of section at the end of every week. Do you know if there is a way to implement this ? I thought that maybe it was possible to create a “week calendar” on Asana and then use it to adjust.

Feel free to share your thoughts :slight_smile: Thanks in advance for your help !

1 Like

Hi @Rodolphe_Vito, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Thanks for providing this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available right now, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Please consider me an enthusiastic cosigner!

I keep thinking that if we could have a “day of the week” trigger (instead of “due date is approaching”) that would solve most of what I"m looking for.

1 Like

Same, desperately need this.

Seconding the need for a rule trigger based on frequency (daily, weekly, monthly). I utilize a section within “My Tasks” to create a set of tasks I want to do that day, and it would be great to have them automatically go back into a different bucket each day.

Hi Rebecca, I’m looking for a similar solution to customizing My Task sections. Could you post an update here if there is one now?

Im in the same situation. Did anybody find a solution?