There are many times when I’m on a call while taking notes in Asana and actionable tasks arise. Normally I create the resulting tasks after I’m done with the call and then link to the tasks in the notes.
It would be great if I could simply create a new task directly in the notes (whether in Comments or Description) by:
- Typing @
- Start typing the title of the task
- When the task is not located an option is presented to create a new task. Currently what appears is the message “No matches found”
- Selecting “Create new task” creates a new task with the following parameters:
- The task title is the text that I had typed in
- The due date is the current date
- The project is the same project in which I was typing the notes
- The assignee is me, the person typing the notes
- A link to the newly created task is then inserted into the notes
After I’m done typing the notes I can then go to the newly created tasks and update their details appropriately.