"Notification Settings" not copying over when duplicating a project

Our Team uses a ‘Master’ Project Board that is duplicated ongoingly for all new accounts.

Our Operations Management Team is shared on that Master Project Board (so we can collaborate/edit it). “Notification Settings” for all members are all un-checked (status updates, messages, tasks added).

However, I notice that when our Team copies this project board for a new account, we’re also copied over so we’re ‘shared’ on the new one. This is fine, but the notification settings are not copying over. Which means, we receive email notifications for all status updates, messages, and tasks added for ALL NEW PROJECTS. We must manually going those new projects and ‘remove ourselves from board’. Which is highly annoying and time-consuming at scale.

What’s a way around this?

Hi @Liz_Ziser, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

Duplicating notification settings when duplicating a project could certainly be helpful. Hopefully this is an option our Product team can introduce soon!

I’ll let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Thanks for your prompt response @Rebecca_McGrath ! So are you confirming this is not currently possible?

If so, is there a workaround?

Hi @Liz_Ziser, yes - this is not currently possible and unfortunately, there is no concrete workaround. You would need to enable the notification settings on the new project manually. :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca,

Just to ensure we’re aligned: I want to DISABLE notifications on the new project. They are already disabled on the main project >> but when copied, all notification are RE-enabled.

Whereas I’d want the notification settings to copy over to the NEW project (i.e. NOT be enabled).

Thanks for clarifying, @Liz_Ziser!