Notification doesnt work for due time

Hi, I´m new using this app, I´ve create a new task, for a specific date and time, and emails with the alert do not arrive me. Could you help me?

2 Likes

Hi @FLORENCIA - Welcome to Asana and to the Asana Community! We’re glad to have you. Regarding your question, I recommend that you visit this Guide article, which includes detailed information about notifications

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Hey @FLORENCIA

The ability to set a push notification for a Task’s due time is not a capability we have at the moment. I do, however, encourage you to vote on this product feedback thread to log your preference for it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Is very hard to believd that i can not receive pop up notifications with sound alerts on my phone. Very disappointing when someone post a comment or task i am following.

4 Likes

Is very hard to believed that i can not receive pop up notifications with sound alerts on my phone. Very disappointing when someone post a comment or task i am following.

2 Likes

HI @Peter_Dominy and welcome to the Community Forum! Have you enabled push notifications on your mobile?

Push notifications will allow you to receive a notification when:

• A task has been assigned to you
  • A task you’re assigned and/or following has a comment posted
  • A task you’re following is marked as complete
  • A task you’re assigned is due (sent around midnight on the day of the task’s due date)
  • A Conversation is posted in a Team or Workspace that you belong to

Here is how you can enable push notifications:
Android Getting Started with the Asana Android App | Product guide • Asana Product Guide
iOS Getting started with the Asana iOS app | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Hope this helps!

I am using Asana in free mode (not premium) for the very first time for my organization. I came across a frustrating situation. Even though you explain Asana makes push notifications with sound. In all our iPhone devices, there is no chance to select sound within notification’s iOS menu and besides, we do not get all history push messages in our history store as we get from other apps.
We have deleted Asana app and reinstalled again, but nothing changes. Does it get something to do with free or premium Asana version?

We are using Wunderlist business and we are thinking of moving into another app as we were advised of its soon closure.

1 Like

Marie,

There are no Push sound notifications options in the settings for an iphone only for android phone.

Blessings,

Peter

Hi @Peter_Dominy! In order to get push notifications, you need to enable “notifications for your iOS device”. You can refer to “Badges and notifications” section in the following article: Getting started with the Asana iOS app | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

2 posts were split to a new topic: Sound for iOS push notifications

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sound for iOS push notifications

I’m looking for a task/project solution that I can have for my Family. One of the requirements will be to have a notification/reminder on the member’s mobile device when a due item comes up. Say like using Google Calendar, setting a reminder and it pops up on your phone. Would be nice to see this. If the google calendar sync included the due date and time that would work for now.

Why is that data not shared to Google Calendar through the sync feature?

Dave

Hi Dave. Absolutely right. What a lost opportunity. I was trying to convince a colleague of mine the power of asana versus reminders done manually on Google calendar

2 Likes

This should be a priority, literally leaving asana because of this, pity.

2 Likes

I missed an appointment thinking I would get a reminder - basecamps does that

Same here. I think I’m about to leave asana because of it’s notification crisis.

1 Like

Hi, @Michael_A
Please tell us how exactly you select the functionality that you add to your product? We, as new users of Asana, are asking all the same questions as most people on this forum. But you keep answering these questions in the same way. “Impossible at the moment” for several years now.

Notification functionality is the most basic thing in any task manager. Why is this a problem for you?!
What practices do you enforce by preventing employees from being notified that they are overdue on a task?