It’s great that you can now proof directly on PDFs. There are a few major drawbacks to this that is preventing us still from using Asana as our primary proofing tool.
When viewing a comment in more detail, with JPEGs it shows a preview so you can see the image in question and the placement of the comment, with PDFs it shows nothing. It should show a preview of the page of the PDF the comment is attached to.
To make it really worth its time as a proofing tool, you need to be able to:
- move comments around the page
- move the comment box you are typing into
- be more specific with where the yellow dots are (they currently cover quite a large area of the image)
- be able to draw onto an image/PDF
- be able to select the text on a PDF and mark a highlight
There are many more things that don’t work well with proofing such as:
- Comments assigned to you in your inbox don’t say what project they belong to
- When viewing an image full screen, if there are lots of thumbnails, it causes the main image to be tiny - the thumbnails need to be able to hide.
- Need to be able to see which comments are assigned to you directly on an image by use of a a filter or toggle.
There are many more I have as feedback from my team but don’t know the best place to relay all of the feedback.