New Zoom Integration to Better Track Your Work

Hi Asana Community!

My name is Michael, and I’m a Product Marketer here at Asana. I’m very excited to share an exciting enhancement to the Asana & Zoom integration. Last year, at Zoomtopia, Zoom’s User Conference, exciting plans were announced to open an application marketplace that enables integrations within the Zoom application itself. As a launch partner with Zoom, we are excited to share news that Zoom has officially launched their platform!

With this new update, you will be able to access Asana directly inside Zoom :hugs: allowing you to work in Asana without leaving Zoom:

With the Asana app for Zoom, you’re able to take a number of actions to help teams have more purposeful and focused meetings before, during, and after. Here are some of the top actions that you can take:

• Before: Prepare purposeful meetings
    Did you know the average knowledge worker spent 157 hours in unnecessary meetings in 2020? Use Asana and the Zoom Integration to create tasks for team-members prior to the meeting. Attach the Zoom meeting right into the task so that they can be referenced during the meeting. Assign tasks for pre-reads or pre-work so teams arrive at the meeting prepared for discussion.

• During: Make meetings actionable
    View Asana tasks during the meeting for agenda items and to guide discussion. And we’ve all been there, great conversations in meetings but the next steps get lost because they weren’t captured or assigned. Instead, with Asana and Zoom, create tasks during a Zoom meeting so that the team knows the next steps and who’s following up.

• After: Keep work moving forward
    Wish you had written down more notes from the meeting? With Zoom’s transcription service, Asana stores transcripts so that you can easily search within Asana and find the information that you need. Now, that amazing key takeaway that your colleague said in a meeting, can be easily searched and referenced from within Asana.

How do I get started?

You can add Zoom to any project by clicking on “Customize” in the upper right-hand corner.

Scroll down to the Apps section, then select “+Add app.” Select Zoom and follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to Zoom.

To add Asana to your Zoom application, update to the latest version of Zoom.

When signed in, you should be able to access Apps at the bottom of the window.

Head on over to Zoom + Asana • Asana for information on how to connect Zoom and Asana.

As always, we love hearing feedback from you, so comment below on what you’re excited about and how we can further improve on the way you and your teams work together. Thanks so much for your time!

12 Likes

That’s great! Thanks for sharing!

Super odd that you cannot status the task but only update the description and create subtasks.

Yes!!! :heart_eyes:

Any insights as to when Google Meet will have a similar integration?

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, @anon43254672! We don’t have near term plans to create a Google Meet + Asana integration, I recommend you creating a new thread in the #productfeedback category to request this feature and allow other to upvote!

You can also find some workarounds here: Google Meet + Asana

This topic was automatically closed after 26 days. New replies are no longer allowed.