Asana Release Notes December 2020

Hi folks,

The last release notes of 2020 have been published, you can find them below as well as in our Help Guide:

• Jira Server Integration : The Jira Server + Asana integration makes it easy to create connected workflows between your technical and business teams. Increase real-time visibility into your product development process, without creating extra work.
  • Zoom Integration : With the Zoom + Asana integration, you can easily create and link Zoom meetings in Asana tasks. Then, once the meeting is over, the Zoom + Asana integration pulls meeting transcripts and recordings into Asana.
  • Microsoft Teams Integration : Convert Teams conversations and meetings into Asana tasks with the new Microsoft Teams + Asana integration. Collaborate on Asana tasks and keep work connectedā€”without having to leave Teams.
  • Bulk actions on boards : Click and drag to select multiple tasks at once in the Board view, then perform bulk actions directly on cards or via the bulk actions toolbar.
  • Project customization menu : Use the new ā€œcustomizeā€ menu in the project toolbar to access all project add-ons like Custom Fields, Rules, and Apps.
  • ā€On Holdā€ option in Project and Portfolio status updates : In addition to ā€œon trackā€, ā€œat riskā€, and ā€œoff trackā€, you can now set the status of a project or portfolio to ā€œon holdā€.
  • Push notifications control center : Use the new Push Notifications Control Center on iOS or Android to select which push notifications youā€™d like to receive.
  • Tab+V shortcut : Bring a little extra delight to your day with the new Tab+V keyboard shortcut (hint: if you love Tab+B, you might want to try out Tab+V)

Please let us know in the comments below if you have any questions! And if youā€™d like to share any feedback with us, make sure to log them in the #productfeedback so we can keep track of them!

Have all a great day!

4 Likes

Great addition :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Paul_Grobler, fun fact: these dogs are all dogs of Asana :heart: :dog:

3 Likes

Hi,
I got an in-site notification this morning about changes to the ā€œMy Tasksā€ view (yay!). Iā€™m curious why that change, or other smaller changes arenā€™t in the release notes. Is there somewhere users can look to see these smaller changes? This would be helpful both for keeping abreast of incremental improvements as well as for understanding ā€œoddā€ behavior, such as the recently-reverted overdue task changes.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Shawn_Golley :wave:t3:

The new My tasks update is not yet available to all customers (but should be very soon), as such it will be included in January release notes! Decemeber release notes cover all changes that have happened in November and that are available to all Asana customers!

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hi @Marie For those of us that have the new ā€˜My Tasksā€™ ā€˜improvementsā€™ please can we have some explanation. It feels worse like Iā€™m having to click more so Iā€™d love to understand better.

This after the mobile ā€˜improvementsā€™ where you removed the swipe bar shortcuts again feels like weā€™re making things first and its hard to fathom why.
thanks
Noel

1 Like

Hi @Noel_Andrews, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! You can find more details and answers to common questions in our recent forum announcement: We're extending our spreadsheet view to My Tasks!. Please feel free to create new threads in the #productfeedback category for features you would like to see implemented and Iā€™ll be happy to pass along your feedback to the product team! Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 22 days. New replies are no longer allowed.