New task created in timeline view wipes task name a few seconds after starting to type

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When I click on the timeline area to insert a new task the blank white box appears and the cursor flashes to signify you should start typing the task name. After typing for 1-2 seconds the task name seems to get wiped. The letters/words typed into the task name up to that point are deleted. You then have to start typing the task name again from the start.
I’ve only just started to notice this bug and I often add tasks directly into the timeline so feel like it’s a recent update that’s caused it.
Steps to reproduce:
Create a new task directly in the timeline view by clicking on a blank space.
Browser version:
Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Upload screenshots below:
Unable to load a screen shot that will capture this specific bug.

Hi @Kieran_Rieley and thanks for reaching out! Let’s see if we can resolve this together:

• Could you check if this is happening in a specific project or in several projects?
  • Could you please try and log into your Asana account from a private/incognito window? Are you running into the same issue?

It’ll be also helpful if you can try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this article and let me know if the issue persists.

Looking forward to your reply!

Hey, thank you! The issue seems to be resolved - I hadn’t updated my chrome browser and the update seems to have helped!
Kieran

1 Like

I’m glad to know is resolved @Kieran_Rieley! :tada:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.