New task created and assigned to me but I didn't get an email notification about this

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Some times when a ticket is being assigned to me I don’t get an email notification about this.

Steps to reproduce: This just happened with the ticket Log in - Asana

Browser version: Google chrome Version 80.0.3987.116

Upload screenshots below:

Welcome to the Forum @anon84189351 and thank you for taking time to report this issue.

As it stands, you don’t receive Inbox or email notification for actions you perform yourself (e.g. if you have assigned the task to yourself you won’t be notified for that action) but if you have your email notifications enabled, you should receive an email notification when someone else is assigning a task to you.

Can you please confirm you have received an Inbox notification for that task that was assigned to you?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hello

You mean the “inbox” in my account on the asana web UI, right?
Yes There was a notification in the web UI but no email notification.
The task (https://app.asana.com/0/713052102088971/1164136588942649/f) was assigned to me by another user but I didn’t received the email notification.
My email notifications are enabled.
It is not the first time this is happening.
It looks like a bug asana need to track down.

Regards,
Kostas

Hello! Is there a way to receive email notifications to yourself for tasks created via the API? I’ve created an app and I’m using oAuth but every time I create a task that I’m the owner of, the email notification is not sent.

1 Like