New Tab for Archived Projects (Ability to sort into folders)

Hello - I am curious if there could be a better way to organize archived projects.

Our team has a very long list of archived projects, and it will continue to grow. With the current way that archived projects are displayed, it gets tedious to find one to reference in the list.

Instead of a drop down to find archived projects under each team, I would love if there was an additional tab that took you to another window to display archived projects, where we could organize archived projects by folder.

Thanks for hearing me out!

4 Likes

Hi @anon46822719 , perhaps you have already noticed this in your Team’s pages:

Does that help? :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Richard_Sather , I understood @anon46822719’s original question to be about organizing all archived projects in a separate folder structure, rather than leaving them under the originating teams. I have the same question. Is this possible?

1 Like

Hi @Kristin_Unwin, welcome to the forum :wave:

Archiving a project simply ‘hides’ in from a Team page and the only way to make it reappear is to select the filter as I noted in the link above.

But there are other creative ways if you are looking to manage all your archived folders. I had a client who preferred to move all archived projects out of their original team folder and instead move them all into a team called ‘Archive’ where the projects were actually not marked as archived so they could appear in the team’s list of projects as they normally would do.

You could use this method to create an ‘Archive’ team or multiple archive teams for each of your departments or based on topics, types, clients etc., essentially using an Asana ‘Team’ as a folder to group your archived projects.