New! Create custom charts in project Dashboards to get more visibility into your team's work

Exceptional work! Dashboards takes another great leap with this update, and wonderful that Asana even has future Dashboard tricks up their sleeve too!

Larry

5 Likes

Well done! Looking forward to see what’s coming. And thanks for this update!

2 Likes

Very cool feature. In another topic I asked for a burn up / down chart with story points, but with this new feature I still don’t seem to be able to produce this (since a time axis option is missing). Any plans for something like this?

@Emily_Roman I don’t have an Add Chart button. I did log off & log back on! Is this feature fully rolled out right now?

1 Like

I also do not have the “Add Chart” button. We are on the “business” tier, so it should be available according to the info. Please advise, thank you!

1 Like

I also do not have the “Add Chart” button. We are an Enterprise User, so this feature should be available. I see other users are having the same issue. Can you please let us know how to solve this problem.? Thank you

I logged out and logged back in and now I see the “Add Chart” button. However, now the “Create” button isn’t working. Any tips

Same here, logging out and in brought the Add Chart button for me.

@anon66410487 , I saw that “create” button grayed out when I didn’t enter a title for the chart, perhaps the same for you?

@anon66410487 @Christopher_Milburn Great questions! We’re still rolling out this feature to all Asana users, and everyone will have access to it by later this afternoon. In terms of creating a chart, a title is required in order to save it.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Love this new functionality, great job guys!

I’d love for the ability to be able to clone existing charts, will make creating new ones much more seamless.

Additionally, having the ability to pull charts into status reports would be game changing!

1 Like

Fantastic work!. Curious as to colour palette of charts. Any chance they could use different colours instead of mulitple hues of blue? Or even better, use the colour already associated with a custom field?

3 Likes

@Bennet_Jeutter thanks for flagging! I see what you mean, this option is currently not available. I’ve reopened the thread and you can add your votes here:

@Julian_Rapattoni, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! I. don’t think we have an existing thread in our #productfeedback category for this feature, do you mind creating one so everyone can vote? :slight_smile: thanks!

@Mark_Nattress this is something we’re planning to launch soon! I’ll update this thread as soon as it’s available! Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

The greyed-out Create Button may be a result of not adding a name yet.

Great work team. Love this. Looking forward to watching it continue to evolve.

Feature requests/suggestions:

1. Reporting on metrics over time, similar to the default Completed Tasks Over Time report.
  2. Additional control over report module grid (width, height and interlocking), X and Y axis flipping, color controls.
  3. Table Report, to show the names of tasks in a list, with values like hours in the table.
  4. Similar Dashboard to build reports across multiple projects. Oh baby!
2 Likes

Now if you just give a link to the Dashboard view like you do forms that will be BRILLIANT!!

Need:
Executives don’t always want to get into Asana but believes in Asana and wants the work tracked there. However, they want to see the progress without going into Asana.

If I could set up a webpage with this embedded I could report without the need for anyone to log in.

3 Likes

It would be great if these charts could visually display percentages on the donut chart and exact counts on the graphs, especially when exported since now exports are very simple and don’t provide many insights. You can hover over and see it in Asana, but this isn’t the easiest/fastest and still makes it difficult to capture a quick snapshot for reporting.

It would be great to have a stacked graph option as well. Example: I have a list of test scenarios assigned to testers. I want a chart showing y-axis=task count, x-axis=tester, and stacked is maybe a custom field like pass/fail/not started.

This another brilliant progress to this feature! Thanks for sharing @Ben_Watkins

Dashboard have a great potential to be used and this is a great step to maximise its usage. :pray:t4: Thank you

2 Likes

Thanks all for your feedback, all those ideas are great! If you are interested, you can also create new threads for these requests in our #productfeedback category so other customers can support your ideas and upvote!

2 Likes

Nice, but it looks like I can’t create a new one…
Do you know why?

1 Like