My Tasks will not save sort preferences

I always sort My Tasks by Due Date. But every time I leave My Tasks (i.e. to a Project) and come back again, My Tasks resets to Sort by “None”. Old solutions to this question are outdated… There is no three-dot menu on the far right, no gear icon, no “save view for everyone” on any menus. Help, please…

1 Like

Hi @Andrew_Tingley, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Testing this on my end, when sorting by a specific field in My Tasks, leaving the page and returning, My Tasks are still sorted by this field. The layout is automatically saved as a default.

Could you please confirm what browser you are working on and what version?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Chrome Version 89.0.4389.114… I just updated and issue persists.

That could be happening if what you call “My Tasks” is actually a project in which you store your tasks, and not the “My Tasks” official view from the top left corner. Which one is it?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue. I’m using the Asana desktop app. I go to “My Tasks” tab in the top left corner of the side menu. I sort by date, but every time I come back it’s not sorted that way.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with the desktop version - the My Tasks sort doesn’t save if you navigate away from My Tasks.

I have the same issue as well.
Using Micrsoft Edge ver 102.0.1245.44.
If I clear all my cookies, it works initially and then stops again.
Been like this for a long time.

Oh. and its not just in My Tasks, Its the same inside any projects List view.
I want to show only Incomplete Tasks and every time I leave and go back, the filters are reset.

In a project that is expected behaviour, you have to go to the 3-dot menu and “save as default”.

1 Like

Hmm. OK. Not a good user experience. If you change the view, it really should just remember your last setting. Bu ok. That will work for now.

I don’t agree, because a project manager could have decided that “Timeline” for example was the best view.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.