My Tasks Default View Setting Missing

I used to be able to view My Tasks simply by due date and had that as my default view.

Since the new Board view was rolled out, I cannot find a way to set my default view preference for My Tasks and it defaults to Recently Assigned, Today, Upcoming, Later.

It’s really annoying having to sort by due date every time I return to the browser tab. What obvious thing am I overlooking?

Hi @Odette_Schuler, thanks for reaching out :slight_smile:

When sorting by Due Date, is Sort within sections toggled on? If so, I suggest toggling this off. Then all tasks will be sorted by Due Date without sections :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath! Thank you for answering.

Unfortunately, Sort Within Sections has been toggled off all along.

My Tasks view used to be sorted by descending due date for years, nothing for me to do. It was the default view. Now the default view seems to be None, which then shows tasks by Recently Assigned, Today, Upcoming, Later sections.

I think it’s linked to the new Boards view rollout, because the Today section does not populate in either List or Board view now and I have PLENTY of tasks due today. In My Tasks/List view, I get this:

and in My Tasks/Board view, I get this or sometimes a bunch of blank cards:

Both of these problems coincided in when they started happening with the appearance of the new Boards view. I don’t care about Today being empty because I never use that – I view My Tasks by due date, so I really really want my automatic due date view in My Tasks/List back!

When I change the sort, leave and come back to the My Tasks, it is saved. It is not the case for you?

Also, because you have the new My Tasks, the Today section does not populate automatically anymore unless you setup the rules!

See 🚨 Be careful with task auto-promotion disappearing

1 Like

Hi @Bastien_Siebman! That is precisely my problem. When I leave and come back, my sorting is not saved. It is back to no sort. Every single time I come back to My Tasks view from a task or project. It’s really annoying.

@Rebecca_McGrath is that a known issue?

1 Like

Hi @Bastien_Siebman, @Odette_Schuler - this is not a known issue at the moment. With the new My Tasks set up, your sort should be saved upon leaving and returning to your My Tasks page.

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps below, @Odette_Schuler and let me know if this resolves the issue?

Thank you both for sticking with me and trying to get this fixed.

Disabling and re-enabling Chrome extensions and clearning my cache seems to have fixed it. My sort preference is now saved when I leave the My Tasks view and return.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.