Multiple owners on one project is a desired future add in

Our company wants to suggest adding the ability to assign multiple Project Owners (or enable the Billing Administrator to take ownership of Projects). As it stands currently, if the Project Owner goes on vacation or sadly, leaves the company, we have no trouble finding and reassigning tasks via searches, but Projects seem to remain alive, especially locked Projects and our Billing Administrator does not have the ability to archive, join to take ownership or delete those Projects. Is this a possible future add in for Asana?

Hi @Alesha_M_Karlsson and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us; this is definitely something we could consider for a future update!

@Alesha_M_Karlsson I agree with the desire to have multiple project owners. Or perhaps a primary and secondary.

1 Like

Would love to have the option for multiple project owners or the ability to add a separate owner field within portfolios. Right now we have a project manager that “owns” each cross-functional project, but then we have a portfolio that brings in all projects our team is a part of and I would like to assign an owner from our team responsible for reporting on the status of their part of the project.

Would love to know if this is a future consideration? We have teams and often have two project owners for things like status updates and I want to assign a task to a pair of people to own.

Hey Asana team, we would love to see this feature! Is this on your roadmap?

Hello @Nadia_Djebali welcome to the Asana Community!

While Asana does not share a public roadmap I can ensure you that they are monitoring the feedback requests in the forum closely and they are constantly launching new features :slight_smile: