Multiple email addresses but one organisation

Hi
We are one organisation (dBs Berlin) but we have three different email domains

Can we use all of these email addresses within one organisation in Asana? If so how do we add these email domains?

2 Likes

@David_Louis_Puttick I am pretty sure that this cannot be done but your best bet would be to contact Support. I think there is another consideration you might want to keep in mind. Generally in an organization the number of member seats are the number of users with the organization domain name. If all your domains were deemed to be one, you might be using up more seats than you need. On the other hand, if each user only has one domain email address and that is what they use in Asana than those who use other domains than the one you are currently using still have great functionality as a guest without having more members. Just a thought.

1 Like

Yes, you can add multiple email domains. You have to be a Premium account. We are – and highly recommend it just for the fantastic support we have received. For example, our company has two different domains, and people with email addresses at both. So we asked Support to help us, and they did. They asked us if the domains belonged to the same company.

The picture above shows our two domains.

Vik Chaudhary

1 Like

Great clarification. I see all domains count towards membership correct?

1 Like

Hi James, how are you doing and how’s your awesome Sendana product? If we used Outlook still, I would use it in a heartbeat, but we switched to Gmail a few months ago. We were changing domains to https://www.dossier.work, so felt that it would be a good time to make the change in Asana. It was a bit of a hassle, though. You’re right – membership is by user, so whether you have a user@domain1.com or user@domain2.com, Asana pricing is based on the number of users.

1 Like

Thanks for all your replies. I’ll get in touch with them

1 Like

Hey @David_Louis_Puttick; Michael from Asana here.

@James_Carl is absolutely right, this is something that our User Operations team is able to process for you. I encourage you to add an email account from each of your company’s email domains to your account. This will streamline the process of verifying to our Team that you in fact own each of those domains, prior to you writing in. In lieu of this, you will need to write in and CC a member of each email domain, so that they can provide us permission to add those domains to your “dBs Berlin” Organization

Once our Team gets this verification, then we’ll be able to add those email domains to your parent Organization for you.

One caveat, if an Organization has already been created with those emails, then there are additional steps our Team needs to take prior to adding this domain since technically it has already been taken. You can either request to merge those Organizations (if there are more than 10-15 projects present). If there aren’t many Projects present, then you can use Kothar to copy any existing Projects in this Organization over, which would allow us to go ahead and delete the relatively empty Organization, strip it of it’s domain, which would free it up so that we can then add it to your parent Organization (dBs Berlin).

If this is at all confusing, no worries, that’s what our team is there for! We’d be happy to provide additional assistance if need be. :slight_smile:

See you on the other side!

1 Like

Hello,

Regarding this multiple domain email address, say if I have a @ abc.com but my team members have @ xyz.com and my clients have @ fgf.com / @ sakj.com etc.

I have added all of them to a team (with Premium privileges) of Projects. But they cant see any of the custom fields or premium features. What is the solution for that? How can they get access to all the Premium features of the team?

I assume you are set up as an organization with your domain. All the rest are guests who do not take up a member seat. You should make sure they are set up as members of the project which should facilitate them seeing and using all premium features being derived from your premium status.

Hello James,

Yes, I figured that out a few days back. The guests can now see all the Premium features. Just can’t create their own custom fields. Thanks for the Help :slight_smile: