Moving Projects Between Workspaces/Organizations

I DON’T LIKE 3rd party website (asana.kothar.net) solution ! YOU DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH RISK YOU ARE EXPOSING DUE TO GIVING ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT toward 3rd party website (whoever knows the developer, hosting or hackability of that website).

2 Likes

4 and a half years later and still no solution from Asana? @Emily_Roman @Rebecca_McGrath ?

I manage different projects (websites) and a couple got moved to a different client. I need those projects associated to those sites in a different workspace.

I completely agree with @Toma_Todua , I really don’t like the idea of a third party getting access to my account.

Is this being worked on? really shouldn’t be that hard to solve, right?

1 Like

The page now says:

The original tool on this page is no longer functional due to changes in the Asana API

@Power_Onyx,

This is the successor tool, by the same author:
https://ditto.kothar.net/

1 Like

@Phil_Seeman what is your take on the privacy issue?
@Emily_Roman @Rebecca_McGrath, could you give some input?

It’s true that when you grant access to any third-party tool or app, you’re giving them access to your Asana data so you need to trust them. In this case, I do trust Kothar - Mike has been around the Asana ecosystem for years and personally I don’t worry about this utility. YMMV.

1 Like

@Floris_Assies1,

Like Phil, I vouch for Ditto/Kothar/Michael too. And I vouch for Phil/Flowsana as well.

But I sure wish Asana would permit more granular auth; perhaps you’d add your comment to this old thread of mine:

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Hello,

Very important : there are some features that will not be transferred when using Kothar (now it’s called DILTO), please refer to this link in order to check those features :

Hope this helps. :wink:

I finally worked it out begause I couldn’t get these fixes to work - right click the project title and export to CSV - then go to the new workspace and import CSV - worked a treat!

1 Like

The link is dated. New tool here: https://ditto.kothar.net/

4 Likes

worked like a charm, took 2 minutes, thank you Taimi!

Hi Caisha,
When you used the third party tool what did you have to do before using it. What changes or adaptions did you need to make sure you had before you moved the project? Many Thanks Rachael

Hi Mariah,
When you used Ditto was there any prep work required? I am just trying to work out what I need to do before i start using it. I think I read I would need to be a member of the other workspace. And if so can I be a limited member?
Many Thanks :blush:
Rachael

Welcome, @Rachael_Davis,

Ditto is extremely well documented. See the info below and also be sure to click on the FAQ link in the website toolbar at the top:

Thanks,

Larry

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.