Moving Projects Between Workspaces/Organizations

Same. Which is REALLY bad news for me. I have no idea what else to do.

Hi @Balagur and @shelley; Kothar has fixed this issue and is now operating normally!

He did, but now it’s having other issues. It won’t create sub tasks.

Hi @shelley and thanks for reporting this issue! I see you have also reported this issue on the Kothar homepage , so hopefully it will be resolved soon :crossed_fingers:t3:

@Marie thanks for the update!
I found a workaround through exporting to CSV and then creating a project via importing CSV. That has its limitations though, but worked.

2 Likes

Is it possible to transfer tasks and projects from one workspace to another?

Many have used this third party utility including myself with good results. https://asana.kothar.net/

3 Likes

Export the project as CSV, then on the new workspace create a new project then import the CSV.

Kothar is good for one move, but it would be nice to sync it all the time, while working in cooperation for example :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi All,

Landed here trying to make a personal workspace because personal projects don’t allow for things like tags.

Rather than using a 3rd party tool I was able to move things over by Exporting my personal project to a CSV. Then in a newly created workspace creating a project and importing from CSV. Worked pretty well.

Thanks!

1 Like

Just be aware that the Asana project export limits the number of lines of CSV output (may not output the whole project’s tasks/subtasks) and also doesn’t export/import Comments, for example. That’s why Kothar is needed often.

2 Likes

Asana how is it still not a thing that when you click on “My tasks” you can’t see those in your “Personal Projects” and Organisational workspace at the same time? This thread gives work arounds but surely this needs to be a development item?

1 Like

HI @Sharon_Smart, this is a slightly different topic, you can vote for it here: Viewing all assigned tasks across multiple workspaces - #9 by James_Hale

And you can find some tips (including third party integration allowing you to see all your tasks in one place here: Yourself in multiple organisations - #45 by Christian_Rodriguez

Hope this helps!

One way to do it is by exporting the project file in CSV and importing it into the new Workspace or Organization. The downside is that you lose the comments and timestamps of the legacy project.

3 Likes

That’s probably the easiest workaround if it’s just one project. I really don’t understand why they wouldn’t make this possible. It honestly can’t be that hard to do… and it would help with anyone who’s a GTDer to switch to Asana…

2 Likes

I think the best approach to maintain the most data is:

https://ditto.kothar.net/

Larry

1 Like

Yes, you made a good point

Hi @Michael_A,
Is this the same process I would follow if I have a client that would like to transfer our project over to her own Asana account (we’re currently using mine) after we’ve finished working together?
Thank you,
Bella

Hi @Bella_Foxwell,

It is, but note that there is a new and improved version of Kothar which you can find here:
https://ditto.kothar.net/

when I right-click, don’t get the COPY option…
I just get these ones:

(in english: mark as finished, close details, open in new tab, duplicate task, copy link, delete task)