Moving a task with keyboard shortcut accross different sections causes the task to lose focus

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Sometimes I’m interested in moving a task to a section that is two or three positions below the current one. When I use crtrl + arrow (or ctrl + shift + arrow to move to the next section right away), as soon as the task switches section, it loses focus and I have to re-click on the task in order to keep dragging the task.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a task on a section and an additional task below it. Select the task, use ctrl + arrow down to move the task to the section below. The task loses focus.

Expected: the task is kept on focus so that I can either keep moving it or use the arrow key to select a different task altogether.

Browser version:
Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Ubuntu 64-bits

Upload screenshots below:
No relevant screenshot

While trying to reproduce the issue I managed to switch the task between sections without losing focus a few times. However the behavior is still inconsistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Hi @Samuel_Brandao and thank you for taking time to report this issue!

I’m not able to reproduce this issue on my end. Can you please verify if you are also able to reproduce this issue with a different browser and an Incognito Windows ?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Natalia,

I have reproduced the bug both on Google Chrome Incognito and on Mozilla Firefox.

Consider I’m running an Ubuntu system, not windows / iOs.

I’m also available for screen sharing to demonstrate the issue (this bug is quite important to me :(). I am also a frontend developer, so let me know if you need any other specialized info.

Here is a GIF demonstrating the issue (I’m moving the task with the keyboard):
ezgif-6-6353df252895

Thank you

Thank you for the follow-up @Samuel_Brandao and for the GIF. This is super useful!

I’ve gone ahead and filed a task for the Team to investigate this issue! I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

Have a great week Samuel!

Hi @Samuel_Brandao :wave:

Our team has pushed a fix and this issue should now be resolved. Can you please confirm on your end that it is working as normal for you?

Thank you for your help! Looking forward to your reply!

I’m marking this as resolved @Samuel_Brandao but please let me know if you need further assistance!

Have a great Friday! :wave: