Move from workspace to organization

Hi, i am using the free version of Asana. we are working on a “workspace” because we started not to long ago with personal emails. we now have company emails addresses. the question is, can i transition from a workspace to organization with the free version? Are there advantages for transitioning to organization? and finally how do i move from workspace to organization?

Hi @Rif_Charafeddine, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! :wave:t2:

You can indeed convert your Workspace into an Organization when using the basic version of Asana.

Just follow the steps here to do so: Convert your existing Workspace to an Organization

Converting to an Organization would give you the option to create additional Teams as well as inviting Guests!

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

thank you for the quick reply @Rebecca_McGrath, do i lose anything i.e. tasks, messages, files… in the conversion process?

Great question, @Rif_Charafeddine! No data will be disrupted in the conversion process :slight_smile:

i’m having a little trouble. unless i’m reading it wrong, the link is showing how to switch between different workspaces and organizations already setup. I want to convert my workspace to an organization. can’t find how to do that :slight_smile: i’m probably miss reading it??

This is strange, @Rif_Charafeddine1! The link above shows how to convert your Workspace into an Organziation.

I’ve linked it again below for you:

Alternatively, you have find the steps below:

1. Click your profile icon in the top right corner
  2. Click Admin Console
  3. Click Settings
  4. Click Convert to Organization
  5. Select your work email address
  6. Verify Terms of Use

If this email domain is not already in use with another Organization, you will be prompted to click the Convert button.

If you have difficulty converting one of your existing Workspaces into an Organization, and you’re not seeing the message that your email domain is already in use, please contact the Asana Support team!

:slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca, thank you for all your help. it took a while because i just got caught up in other things. but i also contacted the support team and with all of your assistance it worked like a charm.

1 Like

Great! Happy to hear all worked out, @Rif_Charafeddine! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.