Mobile UI Behavior from Task to Subtasks Vs Desktop/Web App

I sent a message to the support about this but maybe here is the better place to talk about it.

On the Asana Mobile App When we are inside a task that has Subtasks we can just open and close the subtask clicking on the and we are back to the parent task. However, I don’t know why but the Desktop/Web version if you do the same thing, when you close the subtask, the parent task is closed too.

The girl from support just told me that I can click on the title of the parent text available on top of the subtask “box”.

I really think that could be much better use the same behavior of the Mobile App to keep the consistence of the UI through Mobile/Desktop/Web apps.

Thanks for your feedback @gabriel4 and welcome to the Forum!

Our mobile and web app are completely separate and built slightly differently to optimize their respective platform!

With that said, I completely understand where you’re coming from; being automatically redirected to the parent task when clicking the “◁” sign from a subtask is very handy in the mobile app, and would be super useful on the web app too! Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future :crossed_fingers:t3: I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end.

In the meantime, if you want to return to your parent task from the subtask, I’d recommend clicking on the name of the parent task at the top of your subtask panel (see screenshot below)

Thank you @Marie! I really appreciate your return. I will click on the name of the parent task while this UI inconsistency is not properly corrected on the web app.