Merge 2 Asana Accounts?

Hi guys,

We’re an agency - who brings in clients into our projects.

One of our clients has their own Asana account (which I think will be under a new email for me) so I’d have to manage 2 Asana accounts.

Ideally I’d like them to be in our Asana but that won’t work for them.

Is there a way that I can merge these accounts together so that I just use it from my agency account but it also appears on theirs (even though the email is different)?

Thanks

Matthew

1 Like

Go to your profile > From email and add your second email there. Your two accounts will be accessible from any of the two emails, using the menu available when you click on your avatar at the top right. That is if you want to be able to see the two accounts easily yourself.

Not sure I understand your need for your client though…

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

2 Likes

Hi @Matthew3!

@Bastien_Siebman’s reply is correct, if you need to, you can also refer to this article, which outlines in details how to merge accounts: Managing your account settings | Product guide • Asana Product Guide.

Let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

This to is not really merging but sharing. I want to collapse one account into another and have just one. I tried sending tasks to the other and the tasks are a hyperlink, jibberish. Is there are a way to really merge two accounts in to one?

Thank you,

1 Like

I see, you’re trying to merge your Organizations/Workspace into one, correct? Can you confirm if you’re trying to merge 2 Workspaces, 2 Organizations or a Workspace and an Organization?

Either way, the first step to take would be to move all your data in one space. Asana doesn’t have a built-in option to transfer data, but you can use this handy third party app: http://kothar.net/projects/organise-asana.html

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I just tried this. on my account I have 2 accounts linked(All google accounts). I would like to add a third one(also google) but after I log in I get this error

You must login to Google with an email address associated with this account

Thanks for reaching out @anon63839726! When you add a second email address to your Asana account, you will be asked to verify your identity by re-authenticating your Asana account. This means that you will have to re-login with the existing email address in order to add a new one.

If you use the Login with Google feature, you will instead be required to verify your Google account. A popup window will appear to log into Google, enter the credentials for the email address currently associated to your Asana account to initiate the process.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

Hi there, when I try to add an email to my account to switch my notification email or merge my two accounts I get this error: You must login to Google with an email address associated with this account. I have logged on multiple times in order to try to fix this, but I keep getting the same error. here is my email account under: xxxx@gmail.com and I’d to switch it xxxx, please let me know how this can be remedied.

Thanks,

Lenzil

Hi @Lenzil_Hoaglund, thanks for reaching out and sorry for the trouble here! Please note I’ve removed your email addresses from your post as they are considered personal information in the forum.

If you followed the steps shared above and the issue persists, please contact our support team as they will be able to give you a tailored answer and help you solve this issue asap.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes