Member Notification Settings - Tasks Added - All or Individual?

Hi! Our team is trying to determine how best to set defaults for the “Member Notification Settings” under projects. If the box is checked for someone to receive notifications for “Tasks Added,” does that mean they will receive an email notification for EVERY task added in that project - not just the ones assigned to them as the owner? And relatedly, if we deselect the box for someone to receive notifications for “Tasks Added,” does that mean they will NOT receive an email notification for every task created in the project but WILL still receive a notification for every time a task is created and assigned to them as owner?

I’m hoping for a response of “Yes and yes.” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi
Yes and yes :grinning:

4 Likes

In the same vein of question - “Status Updates” - is this a subscription to ALL status updates on ALL tasks? If I turn it off, will I still be notified of status updates on tasks that I’m attached to?

1 Like

Yes @Keith_Guerrette you will still be notified for your tasks.

Also if you want to quickly skim through the notification settings for all your projects you can so so via Asana settings.

And here are some tips for inbox notifications in general: How to manage Inbox notifications in Asana | Guide • Asana Product Guide