Manage Similar Task Types Within My Tasks

Leverage the new “Task is approval or milestone” condition in your My Tasks page to keep your tasks organized by type!

I created an Approvals section in My tasks and then the following rule:

I should note that I also added a Check if [Task is not an approval] to my other section rules to prevent them from pulling Approvals out of this section. This gives my “Due Today” section a much cleaner feel and allows me to focus on Approvals all in one place.

1 Like

@Jeremy_Long - love this idea! My only complaint (this is broadly about approvals, not this idea) is that approval tasks marked as anything other than pending approval (e.g., rejected, changes requested) are considered “complete”, so if you filter for only incomplete tasks in your My Tasks (as I am guessing most of us do), it filters those out.

In the future, if saved views are brought to My Tasks, I think this is an easy solve (have an Approvals saved view, use either filters and/or rules to only display approvals that have status =/= Approved).

1 Like

@Stephen_Li - I use a rule to send completed tasks to a collapsed Complete section instead of the filter. I also use the Check if [Task is not an approval] on that rule. I agree that saved views will benefit almost everyone!

You could always use rules based on the approval status change to direct them out of the approval section depending on their designation.

1 Like