make sender of email to project the assignee

It would be very beneficial to have the sender of an email (when sent directly to a project) be the assignee of the task.

Hi @Corey_Bettag welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! :slight_smile:

Currently, you can add a task assignee when emailing to a project by including an additional email address in the To: field of the email. For example, if you would like to be the assignee of the task, you can add your own email address there :slight_smile:

For some additional context, could you let me know if you are looking to make the sender of the email the assignee for both Members and external users?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

1 Like

Rebecca, thank you for the quick reply!

That does work, but it fills my email really quick with duplicates.

I am hoping for an option, maybe in the project “Add tasks by email” alert box, to have the sender of the email be the task assignee. Then it could be optional for all users by project.

I hope this is an easy integration, I know it would useful for our company; and I believe it would be useful for others too!

Thanks!

Hey @Corey_Bettag,

I completely understand what you mean here, I can see how your email inbox could become cluttered!

I’m going to keep your post here in the Product Feedback category so others can upvote if they agree!

I’ll come back to this thread with any updates if any changes are made here :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Corey_Bettag,

FYI when emailing into Asana, you can use the Hashtag Automation feature of my Flowsana integration to assign the task to someone (and also set a number of other pieces of information on the task) by including hashtags in the body of the email. See this post for more info.

Thanks Phil, we are looking into it and will start a trial next week!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.