Longer than 30 days interval for periodically repeating tasks

Resurrection this because this is still desperately needed! I often have need for tasks that repeat every 60 or 90 days - or even every 6 months. Please add in this vital functionality!

Choose Monthly, then select the number of months per interval. Just figured this out. It tricks you into thinking it will be only every month, but when you choose it, you have another option to choose the number of months. 90 days, no problem!

Thank you for the input, but that is not the issue we are talking about here. We are talking about the ability to set the repeat date as XX days (or months, whatever) AFTER COMPLETION, not on a certain regular schedule.

One quick example is filter change - you want to replace it every three month (let’s say Jan - Apr - July), but let’s say you forgot and replaced it in May instead of Apr. In this case, you don’t want to replace the filter in July — you want to do it in August. In these cases repeat XX days after completion feature is very useful.

Anyway, I’m disappointed that this still hasn’t been implemented — this shouldn’t be a hard fix.

Oh interesting. Never thought about it that way. Right, makes sense. In google calendar, I know if I have to change the date of interval, I have to select the item again and set it for a new date with repeated occurrences. Doesn’t Asana let you do that?

My knowledge of Asana is limited. I’m already frustrated with it because it doesn’t show me future repeated tasks until I complete them.

You can change things manually, but it is convenient to have something just repeats in a regular interval from the date of the completion. Currently Asana has the functionality, but you are limited to 30 days after completion.

Got it. Well, good luck with this. Other threads where people make simple requests like this go back many years with no implementation. Hopefully, this is on their roadmap.

Agreed.

It would also be user friendly to set different time frequencies (days, months, weeks, years) i.e. “repeat every 3 weeks from completion date” or “repeat every 4 months from completion date”.

I love periodically, but i hate the limit of 30 days. At some tasks i need 3 years, but the maximum is yearly. It would be great to type the periodically up to 4 numbers (3 years = 1095 days).

If you implement something like every 2 or 3 or 4 years, then i need only 360 days at periodically.

I think this should easy and fast to implement. I hope to see that soon.

1 Like

Bumping this: would be very useful for a number of tasks that need to be done 5 weeks, 6 months and 1 year after completion.

1 Like

Bumping again, having a Periodic recurrence where we can type a number, and then the recurrence (days, weeks, months, years) would be great!!

2 Likes

This is such an odd limitation. Why not have weeks, months, years as an option for periodic reminders as well OR be able to set recurring based on creation OR completion? I need to set tasks for documentation to be reviewed every 6months based on the last time it was reviewed/completed.

1 Like

Desperately needed. Migrated to Asana from TickTick and almost all the way complete with my transfer when I realized this wasn’t possible. Almost tempted to switch back now for this feature alone.

1 Like

I Also need this. I have many tasks that I need to repeat every 90 days. Why the 30 day limit?

Hey @Mary_Shmotolocha,

welcome to the Asana community forum :wave:

Just wanted to ensure if you are aware that you can have a custom setting for recurring tasks as I think this can maybe help in your case?

Screenshot_1408
Screenshot_1407

I did see that, but I cannot have a task recur every 90 days. It’s not one of the options.

1 Like

Yes correct that is not possible atm. Thought I’ll mention though as maybe 3 months would have been ok also :wink:

Completely agree. Asana has everything I need except this. I need the ability to schedule tasks to repeat every 33-35 days. I’m so frustrated that I can’t just type in the number of days. Using a dropdown, and limiting it to 30, is really limiting and counterintuitive.

Completely agree with what has been said here. Why even impose a limit? It just needs to be an editable text field, preferably with a dropdown menu to specify days/weeks/months/years. This would be so helpful!!

2 Likes

Just piling on here. There is a great other Forum post that describes the issue really explicitly if that’s helpful: Will we ever get more than 30 days for periodically repeating tasks? (although it got auto-closed)

But seriously - please just make the drop-down editable. I’d be perfectly happy to type “180” if I need something that repeats periodically every 6 months.

thanks for linking my old post. Unfortunately, it didn’t get much traction. Such a silly option to not have infinite days. I would understand if it was some big new feature but they already have it written for 30 days there’s no reason they cant just add more.