Recurring tasks - over 12 months & over 1 year

I would like to set recurring tasks for intervals of more than 12 months (i.e. 18 months) and more than 1 year (i.e. 2 years). Currently there is no option for that.

3 Likes

I’m surprised that recurring tasks cannot have an interval of 2 years or 13 month. This makes no sense for me.
Maybe someone from Asana can enlighten us about this limitation :grinning:

3 Likes

Resurrection this because this is still desperately needed! I often have need for tasks that repeat every 2 or 5 years!

3 Likes

I have some tasks that have to be done every 2 or 5 years, but there’s only the option for ‘yearly’ on a certain date.

1 Like

Is it possible to set the period for setting repeat tasks over one year?
(Example: Filter replacement every 2 years)

In the month setting, it is possible to set such as every 3 months. You can meet your requirements simply by expanding to allow similar settings for years.

Hi @Yu_Takahashi, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

It’s currently not possible to set a task to repeat every 2 years. You can set a task to repeat for up to 1 year. I’ll make sure to let you know if we have any plans to implement this feature in the future. Thanks again for your feedback!

1 Like

This is a feature I would love also. More than 1 of my tasks is due every couple of years.

1 Like

Currently the only reoccurrence option for an annual occurrence is a set 1 year. It would be helpful to have additional years. My firm deals with state licensing and sometimes the renewal is every 2 years or 3 years or if we are really luck 4 years. Currently we are only able to make it a EVERY year occurrence. Would love it if multiple years was an option.

3 Likes

Yes agreed, we need option for renewal that is greater than one year.

1 Like

HI @Christina_Richey and @Liz_Holtzclaw and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main topic to consolidate all feedback and votes in one place! I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

1 Like

I also add my request to this! I have some tasks that will be recurring every 2 years, every 5 years, and even every 10 years. I was disappointed not see an option to go beyond a year.

I love the recurring tasks in Asana, however, I find the need for more flexible options when it comes to timing. Specifically, I need the ability to repeat tasks in longer increments than a year for my workflow.

Having the ability to repeat tasks for more than 12 months or having a year option in the custom recurring options would fix this.

e.g. Repeats → Custom → Every → # → Years
or, Repeats → Custom → Every → 1-24 (or more) → Months

My current work around is to just repeat every year and when I get there I will figure out that it is not due, however, this will cause more work in the future and should not be necessary.

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum, @collin2! and thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Recurring tasks - over 12 months & over 1 year to consolidate feedback. We don’t have immediate plans to implement this feature but we’ll make sure to update the main thread if we have any plans in the future.

This seems to be the top response to people’s requests🤔

We sure could use this. We have statutory compliance requirements for certain tasks that occur every 2, 3 and 5 years. This seems like such an easy fix. Product managers, please consider prioritizing this.

1 Like

I’m working on migrating from Toodledo to Asana, and like so many others, I need recurring periods longer than a year. Is there any plan to actually implement this, or does it just get “thank you for your input” type responses?
Some of us have an actual need for something like this, perhaps to indicate when we should follow up and see if Asana has implemented a simple feature available in so many other task tracking systems. (4 years and counting from the look of this thread) I guess I’ll put an item in Toodledo and check back here in a few years to see if you’re ready for me then.

1 Like

Dear Asana Product Dev Team, please advise on delivery of recurring tasks which span 2 years or more. As Asana is promoted as a leader in productivity management, why is it taking so long to implement this much requested functionality???

In the management of our tasks, it is often required to set a customized frequency on the tasks, but actually Asana has few chances.

Could you please implement:

• Multiple** years** frequency

• Not only days, but also weeks, months and years after completion

2 Likes

Hey @Andrea_Perali welcome to the Asana community.

Screenshot_1679
Uploading: Screenshot_1680.jpg…

Currently you can already set a task to repeat every xxx weeks or months.

For the request of multiple years I recommend upvoting here Recurring tasks - over 12 months & over 1 year

1 Like

Hi, yes, but I was looking for the possibility of choosing weeks, months and years after completion, while now I can just choose the days (up to 30).

1 Like