List all custom fields of an organization

Hi,

After creating a small tool to list all tags within an organization, I had requests for the same tool applied to custom fields.

Let me introduce :champagne: Minimalist Work - Custom Fields :champagne:

This free tool allows you to list all the custom fields of your organization, with name, type and options! I already plan to work on listing the projects used by each custom fields as well.

I hope you find this useful, and I am open for feedbacks!

PS: there is a big surprise coming soon around Minimalist Work - Custom Fields, stay tuned and make sure to watch this thread!

PS2: thanks Larry, Phil and James for beta-testing, and thanks Thomas for helping with the code

13 Likes

cc @paulminors and @todd_cavanaugh, that might help to clean up clients accounts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job @Bastien_Siebman, another great utility to manage and keep everyone’s Organizations/Workspace optimal!!!

1 Like

Great tool Bastien. I didn’t know about Tagsana either. Thanks for sharing. I know a lot of people who will find this useful!

1 Like

Thanks @Bastien_Siebman! Another great tool for Asana users. And when you add the Projects the Custom Fields are assigned to, it will take it from useful to invaluable.

Feedback

• Consider changing the Type column values to match the values as they are presented in Asana: Text, Number, Drop-down.
  • If the API provides it, please add if the Drop-down field has notifications enabled.

I’m happy to finally be deleting the notes I was using to try and keep track of my Asana Custom Fields.

2 Likes

Nice, very cool @Bastien_Siebman. I bookmarked it and Tagsana for next time they are needed!

1 Like

Another great tool, thanks!

1 Like

AMAZING! Thank YOU! I can’t wait to try both of these

1 Like

This is great - Thank you!

For each custom field, you can now see a list of projects using it. While you wait for all the data to be gathered, you can browse the custom fields list. When loading is done, a :rotating_light:emoji indicates unused fields.

Hope that helps! Any feedback appreciated.

3 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman Adding the project column is a great addition to an already useful tool. Your commitment to the Asana Community with tools and information like the Asana Experts http://productivity-experts.com/, Templana https://templana.com/ and https://minimalist-work.com/asana/tags along with the significant amount of time you spend trying to answer users questions is greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Thanks again @Bastien_Siebman. Amazing tool.

So much easier to manage Asana with Tagsana.com and custom-fields.com

2 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman Is there a way you could add a CSV export file to this. Of course you would have to duplicate Name, Type and Options for every Project you have listed under each field, but loading into Excel would allow filtering. The second option of course would be to put a filter drop-down on Projects to select a single Project or multiple projects to see custom fields. I know you have thought of a sort by project but the filters or CSV export could also be an option. Thanks for the good work.

1 Like

You can now filter the list of fields using project names! custom-fields.com :partying_face:

Thanks @James_Carl for the little motivation push :+1:

3 Likes

I can attest that adding the project filter is a great addition and adds even more usefulness to an already useful tool. Great work and great turn around time.

2 Likes

Love the addition of the Project loading status as well.

1 Like

I am considering using the same kind of tool to list teams and projects. If that would be useful for you, say so on Overview of all teams and projects w/o tasks please!

This is AMAZING! When I go to print, I lose all of the coloring and the projects turn to the link target instead of the project name…Can I preserve this list somehow to use offline?

I added the requests to my (long) list of things to do =) :sweat_smile:

I have added a new feature to the site: please welcome the first custom fields marketplace :champagne:

1 Like