Keyboard Shortcut Key Same As Excel's Key - How can I change Asana's shortcut Key to a Different One?

The Excel Insert Row in a Sheet or Table shortcut key CNTRL+SHIFT++key is the same as Asana’s New Task. How can I disable or change the Asana key to be a different one so it will stop interfering?

I cannot be without my Excel keys!!! Help me please!!!

2 Likes

Hi,

You can’t customise Asana hot key.

Note: Not a solution but marked as such to elevate a key reply

Hi Laura. I think the problem is Asana’s global keyboard new task shortcut overrides other software keyboard shortcuts even when you are working in the other software like Excel or Adobe where the same ctrl+shirt+plus shortcut is designed to insert a row in excel or rotate clockwise in Adobe.

I think the best solution is to turn off Asana’s global keyboard shortcut so the other software starts working properly again. You can do this in Asana by clicking on your photo → Settings → General + then disable the “Enable global keyboard shortcuts” toggle.

Hi Daniel,
I don’t have any “General” section within settings. I’ve checked all the tabs without luck.
I don’t want to uninstall the asana desktop app, but I’d rather have my Excel shortcuts

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.