Is there a way to link to "live" documents

I know I can upload documents to Asana but then I/a colleague has to download the file to work on it, which can then cause version issues if someone is also working on it elsewhere.
Is there a way to upload a link to an online/shared server document so it can be worked on in one location and stay “live”?
Many thanks

Hi @Chris_Nicholl, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! If you wish to keep all the updates in one file, you can upload your file from Google Drive or Dropbox directly into Asana tasks.

Please note aach of these integrations have their own set of permissions associated to their files. Our integration does not change your files’ permissions whatsoever, so you may also need to share the file with your colleagues after attaching it to a task.

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 16.07.30

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hello!
Leave a link to the document. This solution doesn’t suit you?
Without uploading a document to Asana.

1 Like

Great idea as well @anon85480592! I usually do that and just copy and paste the link to the file in the comment or task description!

Hi Emily
Thanks for your response.
I have just tested your solution in google drive and it does work with google docs.
I can “upload” a google doc and when I click the document, I can then work on it online without having to download it and upload again.
Although it is not perfect for me (as I tend to work in pages & numbers) it is definitely a workable solution.
Many thanks

1 Like

I’m glad you found it useful, @Chris_Nicholl! Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!