Is there a way to create an auto-responder upon work completion?

Hi folks,

We recently migrated to Asana. Our old system had email responses built into the request forms for folks external to the system. The requester would receive a confirmation that their request was submitted and a notification when their job was completed. We receive a high-volume of quick turn requests, so we really need some automated way to notify folks their work has been completed instead of a manual email each time. Anyone find a workaround here? Or perhaps there’s just a feature I’m totally overlooking.

Cheers,
James

Hi @James_Cochran, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

This currently not available within Asana but I think you could achieve this with Flowsana, could you please confirm @Phil_Seeman? :slight_smile: thank you!

1 Like

Hi @James_Cochran,

Yes, as @Emily_Roman mentioned, my Flowsana integration can do what you’re wanting.

Here’s what you would do:

First, create a Forms Support workflow for the request form, the critical part being to check the highlighted option to add the submitter as a Collaborator:

(You might also want to use the “Send email confirmation to the form submitter” functionality; Asana also sends a confirmation but it’s canned, whereas here you can customize the subject and body of the email that gets sent.)

Then, create the following Flowsana rule for the form’s project:

That rule will send an email to the task’s collaborators when the task is marked complete.

1 Like

This is incredibly helpful, thanks @Phil_Seeman (and @Emily_Roman for the connection). I’m going to share this internally with the team. We’re in the higher education, so adopting integrations is never as easy as it should be :slight_smile: But hopefully we can get the wheels turning soon. Thanks!

1 Like

FYI @James_Cochran, any non-profit is eligible for a 50% discount on Flowsana.

3 Likes