Is it somehow possible to use calendar option as a real calendar with like start and end times?

Hello,

Is it somehow possible to use calendar option as a real calendar with like start and end times. I know it is possibe to add start date and due date. but is it somoehow possible to use this calendar view project as a real calendar for teams?
Thank you!

1 Like

@Reili, Have a look at this workaround I’ve used (consider the way I incorporate “start time” which doesn’t exist in Asana; ignore the resource focus of the post):

Larry

1 Like

So RoomA1 is a Project?
This is more or less exatcly what I need, to share room resource :blush:

1 Like

Great, @Reili!

RoomA1 is a Tag. In Asana, if you click twice on a Tag, or autocomplete on it in Search box you can view it as a List View or Calendar View project.

Larry

1 Like

Thank you, I did play around with it a bit. I have a project called Team Calendar.
I would like to use it to see if the room is booked or not and I need to add “events” for teams.
So for room - I can use a tag. TO I need to assign a person or just assign a project?

I’m a little unclear of your goal exactly.

If you have multiple rooms to keep track of, designate a tag for each, tag each event happening in a room with the correct room tag, and view availability for each room in each room’s tag calendar view.

If you only have one room and it’s only used by your team, just use your sole team’s project in calendar view; you don’t need any tags or alternate tag views.

Does that help?

Larry

1 Like

My goal initally was to know if there is a possibility to use start and end-date for a meeting in Asana calendar and as per your comments, I acutally need the room sharing option too.
My goal is to have a team calendar where every team member could mark their 100% unavailable time, like vacation etc. So it would be easier to book a meeting between teammates.
Also we have a conference room for meetings which everyone could book and check its availability :slight_smile:
Thank you

1 Like

Hi all :wave:t2:, great news!

We have just began rolling out Start Times for tasks! :tada: Take a look at the announcement below for more info!

2 Likes