Is it possible to set up a way for people to send a text message to a number and that text will show up as a task in Asana?

Hi!
I have several staff members, etc, that are not ‘wonderful’ at creating tasks in asana. They often text me and then I have to put the task in asana myself. (I have a lot of neurodivergent staff) and some of them are not big e-mailers, either. I was trying to figure out a way (I do have zapier, too!) to create a ‘phone number’ they can text and that would just show up in “My Tasks”/Inbox for me to review.

I also have several staff members that are my kitchen staff and they don’t even have asana, and they just need to give info. I’m already struggling getting them to use a link to submit a reimbursement receipt. I have a lot of non-tech people. My thought was… even if its just a basic text where the text comes in as the task topic, and I just can see what numberb sent the text in my ‘description’ that would be a great place to start.

I appreciate any help!

I have the highest level of Asana, so I can create rules to make sure I don’t miss it.

Any ideas?

@Bastien_Siebman - i know you’re a guru. Any ideas?

Thanks for the shoot out. I believe your best bet is to look at Zapier and existing triggers.

For example a quick Google search pointed me to New Integration: Send, Receive, and Track SMS Messages with TxtSync - Updates | Zapier, which allows you to receive SMS and use a new sms as a trigger. The action could be to create an app :heart:

For emails, there might be a way in Gmail or other email provider to forward any email received to Asana (x@mail.asana.com) and that would create a task everytime.

Let me know if you need more help!

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman I definitely google searched it before I posted; just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything obvious that someone else found that worked, first! :slight_smile:

Thanks much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.