iOS file attachments

Does anyone know if there is any plans for iOS users to be able to upload file attachments - not just photos?

I want options like the attached from within the Asana iOS app.

3 Likes

Deleted by Original User

Iā€™ve been in dire need of this for a while now. I use my iPad a lot on the go for work, and iPhone too. But canā€™t use asana on my iOS devices to the full potential coz I need to wait to get back to my Mac to attach a file to a task that I might have receive from a client in an email while onsite or on the go. Very frustrating

2 Likes

I totally agree with youā€¦itā€™s possible for Android so the question is: itā€™s a Apple limit or an Asana limit?

Really? The iOS app has a ā€˜Moreā€™ optionā€¦

I would be delighted if you could send me a screenshot of that.

That is strange, as you will see from the attached pic the options you have are not available on my app???

I wonder if this is a regional thing as it looks as though you are from the States where as I am from Australia.

Before posting my question I did read the Asana guide and that too states that it isnā€™t available on iOS, only Android.

So which version App are you running and from which (country) store?
Kind regards,
Gary

K, thanks for sharing. Itā€™s good to see that something is likely to be happening with this.

1 Like

According to asana, this is something they are working on but havenā€™t release yet. There is no way to select documents from other document sources other than photos

Is there somewhere to send requests like this? Iā€™m shocked they donā€™t have this - this is a must have for users who are in the field and away from their desk

1 Like

Btwā€¦ I did find a workaround. If you use something like Google Drive or dropbox to store your documents you can go there on your iPhone or iPad and just get a link and paste the link in your description in your Asana task and you can ask access it that way.

1 Like

thanks! good ideaā€¦

@Inspire weā€™re collecting your requests here in the community. :slight_smile: For more information about how we take your requests in the community I suggest you take a look at

Glad I found this threadā€¦

My colleague has the ā€œImport from fileā€ option on his iPhone 7 as does my other colleague with an iPhone 6.

Problem is I donā€™t have that option.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you in advance

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for reporting this! Iā€™ve reached out to my colleagues on the product team to see if they can provide guidance. In the meantime, could you answer these questions:

• What kind of mobile device are you using?

• Are you using Asana Free or Asana Premium?

• To confirm, where are you hoping to see the ā€œImport from fileā€ feature and not seeing it?

Thanks! Letā€™s see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Hi Graeme,

I spoke with my colleague on the product team and it appears that your colleagues have been added to an A/B test for the ā€œImport from fileā€ feature on iPhone. Unfortunately we are unable to turn this feature on for specific users at this time, but weā€™re glad to know youā€™re interested in this feature. Thanks for your feedback!

For clarification - this feature is currently being tested and only rolled out to a small group of customers. Running tests like this allows our team to ensure we are providing the most value to you as quickly as possibleā€”by building a feature, gathering learnings, and iterating based on these learnings. We hope to release the feature to all Asana users soon!

1 Like

@Alexis is there anyway to delete pictures / attachments on ios? I have a staff member who takes pictures of dev samples and uploads them, he made a mistake the other day and uploaded to the wrong place. He could not figure how to delete the pictures he uploaded and sent me a message, I deleted easily from my computer. I went to ios to look for myself and i canā€™t figure it out either.

I believe youā€™ll have to do these from the desktop app. But if this is a feature youā€™d like, feel free to create a thread about it in #productfeedback!