Ability to download files from iOS app

Hi there,

I am using Asana to plan every aspect of my business including instagram, photo shoots and blog posts. However, I recently noticed that I can’t download images/files from the mobile app. I had hoped that, for example, when I plan an instagram post I could use the task as a draft for my IG post, save the image from the task onto my phone and then load it to instagram.

Will the option to download files from the iOS app be available soon?

Thanks,
Stacey

Hi @StaceyAll-Considered! Welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Thank you for reaching out. I just wanted to confirm that It is currently possible to download files from IOS app. Here is how you can do it:

Once you tap on the attachment, you should be able to tap on the three dots next to the file’s name (currently those three dots are black so probably you are finding it difficult to see them), and choose the option “Share Attachment”. From there you can copy it, save it to Files, to a Shared Album, etc.

I hope this helps Stacey, but please let me know if you have any follow-up question!
Have a great week!

1 Like

Aaah so simple! Thanks so much Natalia. Sorry- I did look up ways to do it and couldn’t find anything, but maybe because other people found the dots with no trouble. :laughing:

Thanks again!

1 Like

Happy to be able to help @StaceyAll-Considered :smiley:

1 Like

I was having the same problem. I didn’t see the dots right away because they are black on a dark background? Maybe making them white would help?

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @Lindsey_Maples.

I completely agree changing the color of the dots would be super helpful. We have filed a task for the Team in charge to review it and I’ll share here as soon as I have an update on this!

Thank you for reaching out and for your suggestion! Have a great Wednesday!

After reading this, I was excited. But it took me a LONG time to realize that, at least on iPad OS, the ellipsis (the name for the “3 dots” in English grammar) isn’t next to the file name. It’s way over on the right side, to the right of the little check mark in a circle icon (which as far as I can tell doesn’t actually do anything itself. But at leas tit serves as a landmark for this very useful function!

Hey, I think it is now possible to download files from iOS app and now you can now focus on Instagram Followers.

Thanks Natalia for sharing this solution.

Regards

Betty Jean Harris