Introducing new actions in Rules!

Hi Asana community!

Today, I’m thrilled to announce we are introducing new actions in rules, making your project management more streamlined and effective.

:zap: Set Task Title: Add a specific title to some tasks for a more efficient workflow.

:zap: Set Task Description: Add context, instructions, and important details to your tasks automatically, ensuring clarity and consistency.

:zap: Set or clear Date custom fields: In the near future, we’ll be introducing the ability to add or clear date custom fields through rules, giving you additional control over your project.

new rules

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback, and stay tuned for more updates coming soon! :slight_smile:

Note: We are gradually rolling out this update, and it will be available to Advanced, Enterprise and Enterprise+ customers as well as legacy Business and legacy Enterprise customers.

7 Likes

Hi @Emily_Roman :wave:

Great additions!

But concerning:

I had the feeling this already existed.
Or is it something else?

2 Likes

I stumbled upon this yesterday and my mind went into all the great usecases that this could be usefull in.
eg. Standardizing task names from custom fields.

3 Likes

Thanks for catching this, @Arthur_BEGOU! I just double-checked and the new action is to add or clear a “Date” custom field :slight_smile: I just update the post. Apologies for any confusion!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with “Set task title” action in Rules

Hi everyone! Set task title and description and set or clear date custom fields actions are now available to all Advanced, Enterprise and Enterprise+ customers as well as legacy Business and legacy Enterprise customers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.