Increase Portfolio Project Limits

Is there a way to increase or remove the ceiling limit for portfolios?

1 Like

Hi @Aisa and welcome to the forum!

Are you referring to the maximum limit of 250 projects in a portfolio? If so, then no, there’s not a way to get around that limit.

2 Likes

Hi @Aisa, thanks for sharing this feedback.

@Phil_Seeman is absolutely right. Please find more information about Portfolio Limits in this article.

1 Like

I’m also curious when one would want more than 250 projects in a portfolio.
What’s the use case?

2 Likes

We would highly benefit from having (unlimited) projects inside a portfolio.

There is currently now way to have a “Global overview” of all the projects inside my asana which is quite problematic.

We have 1000+ active projects and it would really help to be able to see & sort them all in one place with the latest status

6 Likes

I agree with Dominic. We have the same issue here at our firm. We have multiple teams with 300+/each active projects and we would like to view the workload for all the projects within our team. We also have projects that will be active in the next 1-2 years and we also use Portfolio to see a forecast of the future as we review our workload.

2 Likes

Another use case: portfolios are currently the only way to have project level custom fields, which means the limit restricts the custom fields to only 250 projects.

2 Likes

We will also need this feature if you do not allow to see workload by user instead of “users within projects.” Our people work across multiple projects. The current portfolio limit does not allow me to create a single portfolio with all the company’s projects to have a global vision of workload. Right now, we have a segmented view of the company, NOT A SINGLE SOURCE OF TRUTH.

Any news about this question? I also need a higher limit for portifolios in my company :frowning:

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m delighted to announce that we are raising the project limits for Portfolios! Going forward, you will be able to include up to 1500 projects per portfolio, a substantial increase from the previous limit of 500.

This enhancement was made with our users’ feedback and needs in mind. We understand that many of you manage an extensive portfolio of projects, and we wanted to ensure that our platform can accommodate your growing demands.

We are gradually rolling out this update, and it will be available soon to all Business, legacy Enterprise as well as Advanced, Enterprise and Enterprise+ customers.

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out via the Tips and Tricks category if you have any questions! :slight_smile:

3 Likes