Include Goals in Reporting

Hi,
I am on a trial account evaluating if Asana can be used in my company. The PM and task functionality is great, but I was hoping for a bit more functionality for Goals/Portfolio:

Implementing processes, OKRs, tasks and project structure in our company, I am looking for a tool that can give management a holistic view of Portfolios, with Company and team goals including projects linked to them

Is there any plan to add this feature?

1 Like

Hi @karin_lima, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Thx for promt reply @Rebecca_McGrath :slight_smile: !

As a work around; are the goals field included in the Asana Power BI App? Then I could make a dashboard providing this feature internaly,

I’m not 100% sure on this, @karin_lima! @Phil_Seeman, do you have any insights here? :slight_smile:

I am also looking for some reporting. We are now using them extensively in our organisation and as far as i can see - zero report!! not even the ability to export to excel. Re: the POwer BI interface, no goals available there, we have tried!!!

1 Like

This would be really useful. One of the key reasons we chose Asana was because we were told we would be able to see how we were doing against our organisational ‘priorities’ (our goals) and it would be helpful if this was through the dashboard function.

1 Like

@Rebecca_McGrath any update on this? Really keen to be able to use goals fully

Hi @Jen_Towers, I don’t have any updates just yet but will comment here on this thread if I have any news :slight_smile:

IS there any update on this, we have circa 250 OKRs in Asana now but I have no way to report and enforce compliance on update cycles and provide quarterly feedback to the board, happy to beta test if this is on the roadmap

1 Like

Also looking for an update here. We may need to pivot tools if there’s no way to report out goals.

1 Like

Looking for more info on reporting on goals. Has there been any news about that?

Hey @Tim_Blair_BNPA what kind of reporting were you after? You can now use the reporting dashboards to report on goals by person, status, time period.

Thanks @Danielle-GenD - I wasn’t aware of that, so that’s cool. But I think I’m looking for something more data oriented e.g. pull a list of all goals, their date last updated, their status, and their assigned owners. What if I want to pull all Company Goals and Team goals and put together a simple tabular report for the board. Am I missing a reporting capability that simply gets my asana goal data out of Asana so I can include it in a document, slide, or presentation (for stakeholders who are not in Asana).

1 Like

Hi @Tim_Blair_BNPA essentially Asana hopes these meetings can happen in Asana. However the graphs you can build can be downloaded for presentations so you could show how many are on track etc. You can also click into the graphs and find the goals that are making up that, but the search isn’t downloadable.

Thanks. That makes sense.