Include custom columns in shared "project list" links

The project-level “create link” feature could be very useful, but is currently misleading. The behavior I expected was that I could share the link with a someone outside my team (no Asana account) and that person would see a read-only version of my current view. The UI promises as much in this tooltip:

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 9.05.26 AM

However, the created link does not show “this view” to the third party, but only a simplified project list — just task names, assignees, and dates. This is explained in the fine print of the panel that appears only after you create the link:

The initial promise is wonderful — it would be so helpful to be able to distribute a link across teams to share as part of status updates.

Please consider fulfilling the promise made by the initial overlay and including all custom columns, sort order, and any other view-specific attributes in the shared link. Thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Scott_Murray, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

I can certainly understand why adding additional details to the project links could be helpful. Hopefully this is something our product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know when I have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any updates on this request?