Ability to share custom read only views of project

We would like to ability to give external views to see project Overviews and Milestones but nothing else in the project. This could likely be solved with a projects permissions solution to give certain member access to certain views.

Use Case: Would like to give a client access to a portfolio so they can see the status of their projects and click into each project to see the status page with milestones, date collaboration information and status updates.

Right now the only way to do this is create a separate portfolio with duplicate projects and specific milestone tasks that are linked to both projects. Too many steps and work to keep everyone aligned with duplicate projects when these could be solved easily with permissions.

2 Likes

Hello!

The “Read-Only” links in awesome are an awesome feature that have so much potential. As a creative agency, we use Asana to track our workback schedules with both internal-facing tasks and external-facing tasks. We do not like to share internal facing tasks with our clients, which means we don’t want to invite them into our Asana. This requires us to create an Microsite Excel version of our workback schedule, which is duplicative and off of Asana, which then lacks a clean UI.

The “Read-Only” link is the solve, but I would like to request a way to customize what can be shared in that link beyond task, assignee, and due date. My request is that you can hide fields (ie. asignee) and show additional fields (ie. priority). For example, we could mark an internal-task with an “Internal” and an external-task as “External”, then only show “External” tasks in the field with clients.

I really hope you will adopt this feature and I think it will be a game changer!

Best,
Max

1 Like

Hi @anon50128360, thanks for taking the time to share this feedback!

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Thank you!!

When generating a shareable link, I only want to show timeline to clients and block out the ability to see the list or board, is there a way to do this? Thank you!

Hello @anon18391777 you can create view only links for list view, board view, timeline and calendar view, for more info see Shareable read-only links in Asana • Asana Product Guide

Does this help?

No cause when I generate the link, whoever has it is still able to toggle between list/board/timeline views when I only want someone to be able to access timeline view.

This is currently not possible. @Rebecca_McGrath should we turn this into a product feedback?

1 Like

You might want to upvote one of the existing threads around customizing the read-only links: Share view as I see it with URL - #2 by Emily_Roman

2 Likes

In portfolios we have the option to classify members only as owner or member. Is there a way to classify them as a comment or viewer-only? It would be very important

See my post at:

where you submitted the same post.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like