Inbox view >> Subtasks doesn't show main project name

Inbox shows the main Task name and subtask name, but not the project. I have a ton of projects that have similar tasks and subtasks. I have to click on it to view for which project it is.

Tasks shows the project name

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @Etienne_Terblanche :wave: and thank you so much for reaching out!

What you are saying is correct. Let me explain the reason why you are not seeing the Project information in your Subtask:

When a subtask is created, it does not inherit its parent task’s Project so until you manually add your subtask to this project, your subtask technically belongs to “No project”. You can manually add the subtask to the Project using the “Tab+P” shortcut, or by clicking onto “Add to project” into your subtask details!

Hope this helps, but please let me know if there is anything else I can help with! Have a great Tuesday!

Thanks Natalia. We’ll be using task rather and not subtasks.

Hi,

This is an odd way of setting subtask’s inherent properties. Having to remember to do an extra step every time you create a subtask is not a reliable way of working. It would make much more sense to have subtasks belong to the task (and project) they are made in by default, and have a shortcut to remove that if needed.

In what situation would you rather have a subtask within a task and a project, belong to no task or project?

Also, when adding comments via proofing, this creates multiple subtasks that are assigned and appear in your inbox. Looking through my inbox now I have a huge amount of proofed comments (subtasks) and I have no idea which project they are from.

Thanks,

John

1 Like

Hi,

Does anyone know if this has been looked at or any plans to in the future? I currently have an inbox with hundreds of subtasks (mixture of regular subtasks and proofed comments subtasks) assigned to me, but scrolling down I have no idea which ones are from which project. The only way to find out is to click on each on individually!

Surely there is a simple fix to add project title to subtasks as well as tasks?

Thanks,
John

1 Like

This is not a solution because when you manually add the project to the subtask, it just duplicates the task as a parent task within the project. So then you might as well not have any subtasks at all if you want to use the “My Tasks” section to quickly see all tasks and associated projects at a glance.

1 Like